Here are some resources that you may find useful.Lab Protocols:
- DNA Extraction
- Multiplex Microsatellite PCR
- Gel electrophoresis
- Peter Unmack’s great guide to various aspects of molecular work
- Be More Productive by Aaron Swartz is by far my favorite perspective on productivity.
- The Pomodoro Technique is a useful approach for time management, particularly for multiple large, daunting tasks (e.g. dissertation chapters).
- Coming Soon!
- Spencer Hall has an excellent page of resources for grad students.
- John Thompson’s very useful piece on being a successful grad student.